Monday, October 18, 2010

LONDON: Days 42-47

I HAVE BEEN REALLY LAZY ABOUT BLOGGING LATELY.




Some things that have been happening this week:
1. On Wednesday my Creativity and Innovation class went on a pottery painting expedition.  It was so fun and reminiscent of my Doin' Dishes birthday parties.  I painted a mug which I plan on using back at the flat as soon as it gets out of the kiln!
2.  Our entire Temple group went to a rugby game!  Rugby is extremely bizarre and was probably invented by J.K. Rowling.  The first time I had even heard of it was when I was 10 and watching Rocket Power and my silly American brain just could not understand any of the concepts for point scoring or rule breaking.  I don't even know what the name of the team was that we were supposed to be rooting for..The Hoxton Harlequins or something like that?  The experience itself was really fun, though short.  The game only lasted about an hour and 50 minutes but afterward there was a hilarious cover band dance party at the stadium bar.  And after THAT we got to play on the rugby field.
3.  Mercedes came for a visit!  It was really fun.  We ate a lot and laughed and walked around London and just enjoyed everyone's company.
4. Went to a bar/venue called Hootananny in Brixton!  It was pretty great.  Good live music, good DJed music, good people to talk to etc.  AND OH MY GOD THERE WAS A TACO TRUCK IN THEIR FRONT YARD (I say yard because the building is actually a converted mansion and it has a front yard with picnic tables for people to hang out and eat £1 tacos)!!  It is a bit far away though...
5. Went to the neighborhood Angel to eat tapas.  Unfortunately, it was not the best meal though :(
6.  ADAM VISITS IN 4 DAYS!!!!!  AND I'M GOING TO PARIS IN 8 DAYS!!!

No comments: