Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Right now I want...definitive New Years Plans.
I feel like...watching 'Inglorious Basterds'.
I hate it when...I have bizarre injuries (i.e. a scraped up right arm and a possibly fractured left arm).
I fear...nipple piercings.
I'm lonely without...my friendz.
I need...to make up my mind more often.
Today I...kept Kosher.
Tomorrow I'm...going to see 'The Lovely Bones'.
I just...texted Annie about her nipples.
I want to meet...Bon Jovi.
I'm hungry for...spaghetti with meat sauce.
I love it when...I get a text/phonecall from someone I haven't heard from in a long time.
I'm afraid of...never finding a soulmate.
I'm listening to...'Humdrum Town' by Theophilus London
I'm wearing...a plaid flannel, shiny leggings, black/white striped cardigan, mad rings.
I wish I was in...love?
I want to get...a new leopard print bra.
I can't...wait for New Years Eve.
I'm nervous to...visit Philly in 1 week.
My Mom thinks I'm...a lesbian.
My Dad thinks I'm...a 6 years old.
I'm happy when...I'm cozy.
I'm sad when...I get mixed messages.
I'm disappointed that...I don't know about more fun things to do in NYC now that I'm home.
I wish I looked like...no one but me.
One to Twenty
Spell your name without vowels: krn lh mccnn
What is the date 2 days after your birthday?: April 21, 1990
How many pairs of jeans do you own: googooplex
What color(s) do you wear most?: black & red (hardxcore!)
Least favorite color?: olive
Last song u heard?: 'C is the Heavely Option' by Los Campesinos!
What's for dinner tonight?: roasted garlic chicken, broccoli, sweet potatoes, apple cider
Are you happy with your life right now?: on a scale from 1-10, 7/8
Anyone ever said you resemble a celebrity: Ellen Page & Daisy Lowe
In what state or country do you want to go to school in?: London
How do you make money?: My parents give me an allowance, as sad as that sounds. Sometimes I do graphic design/organization jobs for my mom or I babysit.
Last thing you bought over 50 dollars?: xmas presents
When do you start Summer Break?: May 2010
Are you missing someone right now?: Yes
One word to describe you: goofy
Favorite pair of shoes: brown granny boots
What would you rather be doing right now?: having a girly sleepover
What should you be doing right now?: filling out my London application
This quote was first uttered in Madrid this summer when there was absolutely nothing to do at night, but because we were BFFs and we were together we had one of the greatest times of our lives. We realized that we could be in any situation in any place and we would still have a great time.
Last night was one such places. It was actually fabulous. Met up with Caroline, Tessa, and Maya on the L train and headed to BROOKLYN! We dropped off our bags at Caroline's Pratt dorm and put on some music, only to be greeted by The Black Eyed Peas' "Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night" (PS this is hilarious, just look at their faces when they sing) while the iPod was on SHUFFLE! Out of the 10000 songs that could have played, this one did and it was therefore a very good sign.
We then went to this guy Rob's party. Rob is from Long Island and we knew most of his Long Island friends were going to be there... needless to say, we were ready for the worst. But it was actually fabulous! Highlights include:
1) pinecones '09=Rob had an assortment of cinnamon scented pinecones which we stole
2) visiting the parthenon=this crazy residential(?) building that seemed so out of place in Brooklyn because it was Greek style architecture. Apparently after leaving the party I ran in the middle of the street screaming PARTHENON PARTHENON PARTHENON over and over again.
5) fist-pumping...=so many fist pumping bros with popped collars! But whenever they fist pumped we fist pumped and it was great.
6) jello shots=a never ending array of xmas colored jello shots
7) sick Sunghy=our dear friend Sung Hyun/Stefano claimed to be going to this party but at the last minute said he was feeling very ill. We were HEARTBROKEN and really thought he wasn't coming but later in the evening he showed up! SURPRISE! He was trying to get back at us because last time I visited Brooklyn and he hosted a party we didn't tell him I was coming and he was very excited and surprised. He was also the ONLY non-caucasian person at the party.
8) girl-chatting=basically chatting up all of the ridiculous LAWG AYELAND girls you could and then jumping into their pictures at the last minute. I became really good friends with one girl, or should I say she became really obsessed with me. I can't even remember her name but every time I walked into the same room as her she would go "OH MAH GAWD THAT'S MY GIRL KEEIRRANNN!!!" <3
9) spooning=spent the rest of the evening eating wheat thins and spooning while playing the soulmate game, reminiscing about highschool/middle school, and laughing hysterically. The evening ended at 5am with us breaking out into an impromptu sing along of Pocahontas' "Colors of the Wind" and when we finished we immediately all fell asleep. It was the perfect end to the perfect evening.
Friday, December 25, 2009
Christmas eve was fantabulous. Spent the day sewing on my new sewing machine and we gave the cats catnip. Our standing tradition is dinner and present exchange with our family friends the Kassels, (they are practically related to us and I predict that Quinn and Courtney will marry one day) so later that night we went to their house. We played an epic game of CELEBRITY where Morgan and I won.
CHRISTMAS MORNING! Fabulousssss! Wake up to the sound of Quinn's stocking crashing to the ground (too heavy) then after some eggs and a up of coffee we opened our presents! I got mad loot! No clothes, which is cool cause now I can make my own, but I did get: cozy socks, silver and cranberry tights, chocolates, Trident layers, DVDs (Away We Go, Inglorious Basterds, Harry Potter 6, Across the Universe) and books (Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris, Inglorious Basterds the screenplay, College Cooking, The Crochet Bible), ipod speakers, cashmere yarn/knitting stuff, iTunes/H&M/Barnes and Noble gift cards, and Photoshop! (I've been wanting Photoshop for years.)
Now Quinn and I are watching Hey Arnold!, which he got on DVD. CHRISTMAS I LOVE YOU!
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Overall, a VERY successful wintry weekend return to NYC!
Monday, December 14, 2009
1.What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Travel to another country with friends, let myself be open to a relationship
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't quite remember my New Years resolutions and I cannot seem to find them written down anywhere (weird), but I think that I kept them for the most part.
3.Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! Beautiful Jen had beautiful baby Audrey!
4.Did anyone close to you die?
Puce, my last puppy.
7.What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
5.What countries did you visit?
SPAIN! Quite possibly the greatest 2 weeks of my life.
6.What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
No stress, a bicycle, better short term memory, a cleaner bathroom, more dresses, better knitting skills, a paying job etc.
May 18-day we left for Spain
October 6-a scary (MYSTERY) thing happened
April 19-my golden birthday
July 15-Harry Potter premiere
June 22-Caitlin’s Old Person/Bingo party
8.What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Letting go of certain neuroses that inhibited my ability to live life to the fullest.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably the way I've treated a few people in the past. I should be nicer and more mature about uncomfortable situations.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just the common cold/flu.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to Spain/my iPhone (though that was a gift).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my friends. They are just hilarious. ("How can I make this HILARIOUS!?")
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Those are very strong words. There are a few people whose behavior has made me slightly upset but I'm not naming names. I think I will say that there are 3 of them though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food and booze and nail polish.
Going to Spain! Going back to Temple! Seeing baby Audrey for the first time!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
There are SO many! Probably Bad Romance or I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho). I know, popular songs, but they kind of define my year in terms of fun levels.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I think I am happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. I mean, not by a lot but I've definitely changed my eating habits to include cookies for dinner/fried cheese for breakfast.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Painting, drawing, movie production, sewing etc.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating, waiting, spending money frivolously.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I will be in my dad's cozy Washington Heights apartment wearing slippers and an oversized sweater, drinking English Breakfast tea out of my purple star mug and opening/giving out presents. The next day is still Xmas in my eyes and that will be spent upstate (Woodstock) hanging with my beloved hippie family (Jim, Naomi, Emma, Charlotte, Lucas).
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I think I did. It's tough to explain because I really thought I was in love but if I was, I fell out of love very quickly. Maybe I wasn't IN love but I loved the person. Either way, I had never felt that way or had been so patient with someone until I became involved with that person.
22. How many one-night stands?
1, and I actually don't regret it anymore. I mean, I understand why one night stands aren't a great thing to do, but it was a learning experience and kind of empowering. I know some people might judge me for it, but it's nothing other people haven't done in the past and it's most likely that the people who will be doing the judging are going to experience a one night stand some time in the future.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee has been really fabulous. It started this year and it has become the show that brings all my Temple friends together at least once a week.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I don't particularly hate anyone. It's such a strong emotion and I try to avoid it.
25. What was the best book you read?
I really loved Sigmund Freud's Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis. It was a tedious read but extremely interesting and enlightening.
Pretty much all punk music (Ted Leo, Bomb the Music Industry!, Minor Threat, Bad Brains etc.) I had never really listened to the genre before and I started thanks to Uncle Phil.
27. What did you want and get?
Brown granny boots/a summer job.
28. What did you want and not get?
Super powers/a letter from Hogwarts.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
(500) Days of Summer
30. What did you do on your birthday?
Looked for a party that didn't exist, played an Arrested Development drinking game in 1300, got showered with homemade confetti, accidental Jack hookup.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have something in mind but I'm not going to say it because it is not entirely PG.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Definitely more eclectic than last year. High waisted everything, no more jeans, lots of leggings/skirts/dresses, less jewelry, granny boots galore.
33. What kept you sane?
My friends (especially the Soph Year BFFall thread) and my mom.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lady GaGa I guess.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
NY state not passing the gay marriage bill WTF?
36. Who did you miss?
Foster, Barlee, Puce, my friends when I'm not with them.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met some truly lovely people who have become really good friends and have helped to boost my confidence. Not naming names.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Be open to anything, don't have regrets, be able to laugh at yourself.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend."
"Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Joleneeeee. I’m beggin of you please don’t take my man."
"Ohhhh, we're half way there. Ohhhhhh, livin' on a prayer!"
Thursday, December 10, 2009
1) recently ended my first semester of Sophomore year! WOO! (Well, I still have my finals but no more class!) I really must say that so far Sophomore year has been amazing. I know that it hasn't been as great for all of my friends, which sometimes makes me feel guilty for being so happy, but I can't really help it. I mean, it has had it's ups and downs of course. There was that one month where I had absolutely no free time for friends and then there was the month where I was hardly on campus for a weekend, and there was the roommate situation, and then there was a boy issue...but everything has worked itself out for the most part. I don't know, I'm very content with the way 2009 is ending.
2) I recently took up knitting for the second time. In middle school I was obsessed with it but I never really made anything except scarves. I recently knit 2 1/2 hats. The first being a red condom/Michael Cera sized practice hat (I messed up on the pattern).
3) Annie and I recently rearranged our room to make it more Feng Shui! We pushed her bed into the closet (NOOK!) and shift my desk 90 degrees. We have limited space so we couldn't do much, but I think it opened up the room a lot.
4) Adam took me on a date to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox and it was truly FANTASTIC! I really want to be an animator and this was so inspiring. My dream job would be to work with Wes Anderson on a regular basis. Everything about this movie was lovely, from the red/yellow/brown color scheme, to the original style of the animated characters, to the music. GAH! So good and so cute.
5) Tomorrow I'm going to NYC with the Temple Ace Gang for a Christmas tourist day trip. I'm so excited, it will be lovely.