Monday, January 25, 2010
WARNING this dream isn't particularly interesting, but even if it is the most boring dream in the world I am going to write it down to keep as a record.
Basic gist of dream is I am me but I'm living in the suburbs, not the city, and I'm in a house that I know is mine but is altogether unfamiliar to me. I am ruthlessly trying to get a job at a fancy corporate building but every time I go to get interviewed I get blown off by the boss, who finally tells me to meet him at 6pm for an interview. My step-mom works in the building and while I am there I visit her and she hands me an autographed play and then a potential book list for Mosaic 2. On the list, 3 books are remembered: Walden, something called HUMAN SEXUALITY, and then a series of children's stories about Michael Jackson (??????). Then in the dream in turns out I am dating the ex-bf of a friend of mine, but in real life I am currently not so fond of this person (at least right now), and even though I feel that it is right for me to be dating this person I simultaneously feel guilty. I ask him to take me to a sort of sorority formal? He says he'll think about it which makes me angry and nervous and I take out a cigarette to smoke but he says "don't smoke that now, save it for later." So I put it back in my bag. Then later in my dream I am showering to get ready for the evening even though I do not have to and I put on a red dress/skirt ensemble and when I go downstairs to talk to my mom about not being sure if my bf is taking me or not she gets a phone call from a neighbor asking if they've seen me today and they describe me as wearing a red dress and having my spine totally twisted around as if I had been hit by a car and I was dead. I look at myself and sure enough I am twisted around and I realize I am dead and a zombie and I start crying hysterically but my mom doesn't seem to understand and then my step-dad comes home and says, "look who's here!" And I go out and expect to see my bf but instead there are 3 large African-American guys in tuxedos all holding flowers and telling me that they want to be my date. Eventually I realize 6pm comes and I do not go to the interview. I also tell the guys "I'm sorry but I have a bf and I cannot choose between you three." Then I woke up. THANKS A LOT ALARM CLOCK!
Important Dream Symbols/Elements
1 lost job interview-basically I need a job/need to sort out my priorities
being dead/zombie-To see or dream that you are a zombie, suggests that you are physically and/or emotionally detached from people and situations that are currently surrounding you. I can sort of interpret that as me feeling torn about spending time with my different friend groups. It can be hard to balance everything.
wearing red- Red is an active, affective colour, full of passion and emotion. Red can mean luck, joy, happiness, energy, action, but also hate, blood, greed, irritability and will power.
wanting to smoke but not-To dream that you are smoking or offering a cigarette, signifies your need for a break. It may also points to issues of dependency. This could also be due to the fact that with having 2 smoking roommates I occasionally smoke with them and I do not want to develop an addiction.
having to choose between 4 guys, 1 being a friend's ex-bf-this directly relates to something going on in my life right now/was going on in my life a few weeks ago
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
1) VIDEOGRAPHY. I will be learning how to use various camera and sound equipment (including HD) plus have access to lighting kits and a mock TV studio complete w/ green screen and monitor. Pretty high tech stuff and really interesting. (Also I got mad friends to hang with.)
2) MOSAIC 2. Teacher seems pretty good and the books we're reading seem WAY BETTER than the stuff we read in Mosaic 1.
3) RELIGION IN THE WORLD. Love my professor, he's very old and reminds me of one of my all-time favorite high school English teachers Mr. Illman. Within the first 10 minutes he had made a joke about alcohol and imitated terrible phone service. He's a charmer. Plus the topic is of interest to me AND it's a GenEd so I'm getting that out of the way AND there is such a cutie who sits in the front row.
The 2 classes I have yet to take are Brain Matters and Web Art and Design.
NO CLASS ON FRIDAYS!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
This year I will:
1) stop being superstitious
2) paint/draw more
3) eat healthier
4) make more movies
5) wear red lipstick often
6) stop swearing like a sailor
7) sew mad shit
8) go to London
9) grow a beard
10) get straight A’s
11) rebel against my parents
12) learn to speak English properly
13) live everyday to the fullest
14) get a job
15) wake up on January 1st, 2010 w/ my BFFs and get a hangover breakfast
16) get a bicycle
17) cook for my roommates more often
18) go to more concerts
19) develop superpowers
20) make things happen
21) get my NEW YORK STATE driver's license
22) drink more water